Monday, September 19, 2011

Interview For The Graveyard Girls website


By: Unknown
For: Thegraveyardgirls.com
Date: 2007


How old where you when you started playing the guitar?

I was 13 years old. My uncle Frazer was a muso and surfer, he had a 1960's rickenbacker that I used to drool over and a couple of old acoustics, one of which he gave me. He taught me a few chords the easiest being e major and e minor, I would play these chords over and over and over for hours, until my fingers were severly blistered.

When did you move to the U.S from Australia?

April 8th 1997, I'm coming up on 10 years! And I plan to partey for 24 hours straight.

Have you ever met a kangaroo?

Yes. My mum took me to a kangaroo park in Brisbane when I was just a sprout with a blonde fluffy wig-do, you get to hand feed ‘em, they are pretty laid back as you can imagine, you'd be a fat lazy bastard too if someone hand fed you and scratched your belly all day long. The wild ones are knarley, they box eachother, they could kick your ass and some of them stand 6 feet tall. I 've eaten roo, although I'm not much a fan, tastes like poo mix with bush (as in the Australian countryside), it's a bit gamey for me and tough to chew, I don't eat much meat these days anyways.

Who are you biggest musical influences?

Ahhhh too many to name. At the moment - Misfits, Roky Erickson (always), My Bloody Valentine, Black Flag, Joy Division… Jesus, don't get me started.

What are some musical differences between The Distillers and Spinnerette?

Think of all the differences between a girl and a woman - Spinnerette is a full grown woman, smart, good looking and opinionated. She's refined without being anal. But she'll still knock you around and get drunk in front of your mom, oh and she loves puns.

Are you planning on a U.S tour anytime soon?

As soon as humanly possible.

Who are your favorite bands to play with?

Wow so many, The Bronx, we took those boys everywhere, we had a love connection with them, I love those boys we had great fucking times - we all took mushrooms at our show in Amsterdam and roamed the streets all night. The Lot Six, Eagles of Death metal we took them to England with us, The Donnas - I love those girls, Peaches, THE FUCKING PIXIES (Kim is the real), QotSA - mainly cos I got to be with my man and because they are sick fuckers - they are the T - Rex of rock'n'roll (the dinosaur not the band), The fucking Stooges, Primal Scream (Booby is such a slut).

What is the craziest show you've ever played?

2am Tokyo Japan, 16,000 screaming japanese - THE STOOGES AND PRIMAL SCREAM. That show was definately the coolest thing we've ever done.

If your band was a beverage what would it be and why?

Hansens mandarin and lime on ice, ‘cos its for reelz.

Besides music what are your other hobbies?

Reference books, rollerskating, vintage wall paper, painting, shoes - pollys - I have 50 pairs (don't even Imelda Marcos me buddy) , cooking - I am a rad and highly sort after cook in my family, my baby only eats  baby food I make, I love to party, movies, drives along the coast, the desert, photos, I collect postcards old/new physics.

Last question, are you going to tell all your friends about thegraveyardgirls.com?

Oh my God, do you guys like grave rob and shit? ‘Cos that’s gross, it ain’t  even like cradle snatchin.