Sunday, October 02, 2011

Spinnerette on Triple J Blogs


By: Unknown
For: Triple J Blogs
Date: February 23rd, 2010


Is it more fun recording now than in the Distillers days?

Absolutely, it's way more fun. It's about discovery, I guess. I never got to discover much in the Distillers -- it was pretty one-dimensional. It was awesome too, don't get me wrong, but it's a whole Pandora's box recording now. Setting up microphones and plugging this to that, it's rad. Basically Alain [Johannes, Spinnerette and Queens of the Stone Age muso] and I produce it together, so I have a lot of involvement in that process. Somehow Alain and I are musically connected -- whatever we do we both like. 

Is Josh [Homme, Brody's husband] a good sounding-board, or does he stay out of it?

He's a great sounding-board. He's always been really positive for me. Sometimes I play him stuff and he calls me a bitch because he likes it so much and he wishes he could be a part of it, so it's a loving kind of jousting going on. But we both play each other our music. We hear the whole process, from writing to the second you strum something on the guitar to the finished product on record. I heard the making of Lullabies to Paralyze, Era Vulgaris and this new record all the way in our house pretty much.